14.11.11

Back for Another Crack

Well it has been a while but I'm finally back on the blog train, keeping everyone up to date with what I'll be up to in this up coming Tri season. With it all culminating with Ironman New Zealand. But before I get too far ahead of my self I should get everyone up to date with what has happened in the past after my first attempt at this distance.

I last left you all with a post race wrap up of Ironman Aus back in 2010. So as you can see that was a fair while ago now and for all concerned I haven't just been sitting on the couch since then waiting to have a second crack at an Ironman.

Since my last post (deep breath, this is going to be a long sentence...)
I have competed in 2010 MGC&TC 100 mile classic bike race, other local club cycling events, Portland Half Marathon 2010, Beachport Tri (I won it again), Kingston Tri, Victor Harbor Tri, Triman Torquay Half IM Distance Tri, more local cycle events, Gold Coast Marathon (Bianca did her first marathon here too), more local and inter club cycle events and 2011 MGC&TC 100 Mile Classic Bike race.

These are the events that I can remember off of the top of my head. To complement these sporting pursuits I have also managed to fit in asking Bianca to marry me (she said yes, much to Wilson's disappointment), spend 6 weeks travelling Europe, buying a new 4wd (black JK Jeep with heaps of extra goodies, sweet as) and multiple other life scenarios that seem to pop up from time to time (small house renos etc). So in a couple of paragraphs, that is the blank space between the present and my last post back in 2010.

Now all that's out of the way, it's time to talk about the future. The most immediate goal at the moment is Murray Man. Murray Man is a race that I missed last time it was run but have always made it to every other event. I've always enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of this event and it always seems to be fantastically organised as well. This year it's being held at Bamera over a distance of 2k swim 80k bike then 20k run, almost a half IM distance.

How am I going? Currently I'm hitting numbers and feeling as strong and as fast as I have since last competing at IM Aus. The marathon followed by the 100mile has given me a massive base to start from, I'm actually a bit shocked to feel how quickly I've come along in my specific tri training. All I can hope for now is a continued injury-free season even though that has never affected me in the past. Once this race is over it will be back to the planning stage with Rob and I to sort out the main 12 week lead up to NZ. I'm hopeful that I can fit in a few smaller races.

Already one disappointment for the season is that IMNZ and Beachport are on the same day so I'll be unable to get my hat trick of wins. There is also another race that I’ll be unable to race but I also have a much more important job to do on that day.

So once again I hope to keep you all enthralled in my endeavors, I'll try to keep things as fresh as possible and as many relevant pics as I can (hopefully plenty with a background of sunshine and blue skies). Also I have a new race suit this season which I'll have a pic of with a few sponsors on (and room for more). I look forward to the comments and all the waves and honks I get out on the road (it does sort of help after running for over 2hrs). Thanks for reading and stay tuned for next time.






2 comments:

  1. yay your back! I love reading these and watching from afar..... go Super Toby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I'm there too Toby "The Terrific"
    Good Luck with all of your endeavours!!

    ReplyDelete