13.3.10

Are we there yet!

Things are coming together pretty well as perfect as I could hope for. Starting to feel the body recover and its showing some good signs of some strong form leading up to the big day.

This week started off with the end of last week if that makes any sense? I thoroughly enjoyed my time being involved with Nathan and Hayley's wedding. Due to my enjoyment of this weekend I didn't do my immune system any favours so this week started off by recovering from a slight cold. Luckily it didn't seem to affect my form too much I still felt strong through all my sessions (I actually felt better training than I did sitting still) just had to get used to all the snot. Wanted to give the body a shock this week so I really pushed some intensity. There was a few times this week where the HR got close to max which is quite an accomplishment considering I do all my training alone.

So the rough numbers for this week
Swim - 11km
Bike - 380km
Run - 58km

The body's getting to the recovery stage when at rest but can start to feel the deep fatigue when at the end of each session so the next two weeks are focused on getting rid of that so I'm completely fresh and ready on race day. This in mind got a pre massage in this week in readiness for the serious torture of the one week to go massage (this sentence is for you Sue). Also had some other milestones this weekend with the last time the bike computer will tick over into the 100's km and the last time a run session will take over 120mins. Had such a relaxing ride this Saturday even made it to the after bunch coffee session, usually got another 40 clicks to go as well as a run.

All the little administration things are starting to also come together for the day as well as the trip. Picked up a bike bag the other day, got all the function tickets sorted for the support crew and sent the design and shirts off to get printed.
The fan club tee

Also got in contact with Glenn and Rach, they are both past Mount Gambier Tri guys who actually now live in Port Macquarie. Glenn will be volunteering in the transition tent and at the finish line on the day, as well as this he competed last year. So this will be a great help for me to have him there to let me know all the little things that you don't know as a first timer.

Cheers
Toby

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tobes,

    Wow, only 12 days to go.. I remember that counter being a shit-load higher than it is now! T-shirts are looking great, well done to B.

    See you round mate, hopefully before you head off but if not, good luck again.

    Cheers
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear toby,
    The tee looks "The Bomb" lets hope it helps you to explode on the day. I will wear it for good luck race day even tho I wont be there in person.
    Just remember to have fun out there as well as go hard.
    Good luck!!!
    Pen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not long now Toby! Nath and I are thinking of you. Hope your trainings going well and the wedding didnt hurt it too much :) Thanks for being a part of it.
    Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Idea for a tag you can have on the back of the tee shirt, how about ...

    " He's no uncle "


    ( Steve, Sues other half )

    ReplyDelete