27.3.10

Under 12 hrs to go

Well just sitting here chilling, have had a nice relaxed meal a good 12hrs before the start so doing everything by the book.

Took a drive along the complete length of the bike course today. All I know is that I'm going to have a sore butt by the end of the ride (for everyone from the Mount it's like riding to the caves but all the roads are like it not just a little section) and you can't go anywhere here without some sort of hill (you wouldn't like it here Spek - too many hills). The bike is now in transition loaded up with nutrition ready to go so all I have to do tomorrow is just get a bit of drink on and I should have a nice relaxed morning - after having a little tantrum with a new tube last night. So from the race perspective with no other experience to call on I'm pretty sure I have as much in place as I can think of just want to get it all underway.

Thank you to everyone for the texts and the comments through the blog. It has really kept me focused knowing the support I have behind me. Really looking forward to doing myself and everyone else proud, so pumped.

I'll give a bit more of a description of the weeks events in a later post seen so much (bikini promo girls at Ironman village WTF there are enough women running around in less clothing at a triathlon, but not really a huge complaint). Once again thanks to everyone and also a happy birthday to no.1 WAG Bianca

Toby

Checking in the bike

All the bags set up for transition

5 comments:

  1. Good luck for tommorow Toby.

    Happy bithday for yesterday B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dad,
    Best wishes for tomorrow.

    Love Myfanwy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Toby, Good lck for the IM. Just remember, enjoy yourself. If things start going pear shaped, just think of someone else worse off than you. It works for me. All the best, AJ BATTEN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a plus for hills - they enable you/me (more likely me!) to get out of the seat to give butt some respite. Don't know about it on on of those low flying time trial things.

    SMASH THE FU-KAS TOBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Logged on @ 0545hrs CDST and waiting

    GOOD LUCK ^_^

    ReplyDelete