21.2.10

Just Cruising

Things are still going along nicely with no real complaints to be made. I can't even think of anything that is exciting to write about on the training front with a pretty standard type week. The only interesting points where the effort required to get through the last 10km home of the 180km ride on Saturday, was pushing into gale force hot dry wind. This took it right out of me at the time but I surprisingly come good after a 10 minute hydration at home before heading out for a short run in the same conditions. But still felt pretty good during the course of the run.

Sunday was a bit bigger struggle had some heavy legs and I was really unsure if I could finish with my starting bunch during the Club cycling race, especially when it was going to be a hectic start with a good tail wind. To my surprise all went fine and I managed to stay in the bunch not a problem but I can't say it was easy.

Finished the arvo off by doing my long run, this run felt completely different to any other of my long runs as I was pretty tired and run down from the very start. This said I still felt good and was really enjoying it, I kept thinking to myself that this is as close as I'm going to get to simulating race day SO GET USED TO IT. Still one of the things I go by is 'Training to meet the demands of racing' and this was so true for me that afternoon.

Totals - Swim 10.5km Ride 440km Run 63km

Bit of a recovery planned for the end of this week before a sprint race on Saturday then got the last of the big stuff before starting the wind down.

Also think Sundays heavy legs had a bit to do with my change in recovery technique after Saturday's training. Instead of compression pants and couch it was Bus trip, Bar, Beer and torture my good mate Nathan, got to enjoy a good Bucks show! Looking forward to the wedding now where I'll be all done with my main bulk of training and can really enjoy my duties as part of the Wedding Party and help celebrate this special day for Nathan and Hayley

Toby


Also Ben I'll be looking to do 150km on the Monday after Beachport would be stoked for you to join me for all or part of it, probably look to start after 9am want to get a swim in first. Will also be looking at doing some K's on Tuesday if you keen then? If anyone else out there keen just post a comment.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tobes, book it in mate. More than happy to do the 150kms with you!

    See you at Beachport... dreading the swim but should smash the bike and run OK! Im not a strong swimmer so hopefully I can touch the bottom and walk it out, zombie-style :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Toby, what lovely words. WE look forward to having you be apart of the big day. Keep up the good work :) see you next week

    ReplyDelete