17.2.10

Photos and Media from Geelong 70.3

I have been a very lazy WAG lately haven't I! Here are some pics from Geelong Half Ironman earlier this month. Above is Toby at the briefing the day before.

It is always pretty amazing to see all the bikes there, I guess with each one averaging a few thousand dollars there is quite a bit of moolah in the transition area...

Especially when you look at it from this angle!!!

Toby on his run leg. Probably the only decent photo I could get of him competing this time. Too many times I get the back of him or someone else, as mentioned in the article below. Tobys sister Kate and I were standing on the sideline when a journalist from the Geelong Advertiser approached us and asked a few questions about Toby to write a story on.

We were pretty surprised for it to have made page 3 of the paper the next day!! You can click on the image above to enlarge it enough to read.

The Border Watch also covered the story which was great for our local athletes to get some recognition. And back page!! Oh the fame.





A video of the day has been put on YouTube as well. If you look between 7:43 to 7:55 you will see Toby the man running towards the camera just as Crowie (world champion) is passing him. Enjoy the music!

And that is about it. I should have some more photos after the Beachport Tri next weekend - if you are even only half interested in triathlons I would recommend to do that one, such a great place and should be a fun day!

Ciao amigos.

Oh, and 36 days to go! Far out!

No comments:

Post a Comment