5.2.10

On The Way

It's the day before my main lead up race and I'm not feeling too bad. I haven't got that jumping out of my skin feeling which I really like to have before a race but hopefully that will turn up this afternoon. Have had a couple of good nights sleep so they should start to take effect soon.

The week started with some treatment to get ready for this weekend. Took me a while to start to get over that - it was a bit more intense than I've ever had before but I could feel the good it did. This weeks was a taper so I work on cutting things back to about a 1/3 of what's been happening and increase the intensity/speed of the sessions, with the main focus of the week being sleep.

Looking forward to tomorrow there is a big field which will help me get use to what's to come and have got a full family of support crew watching on, It's great having my sisters in the Geelong area for my accommodation needs.

For anyone interested the site for the race is here
They might be posting live times during the race.

Tomorrows race has the current IM world champ Craig Alexander racing. That's the cool thing about this sport, the armatures get to race alongside their sporting idols. There's not many sports out there that you can do this with, imagine how many people out there would like to play footy or cricket with the stars of the game. But I know I don't even notice them when racing I'm either in too much pain to notice or totally focused on my own efforts. I mainly like perving on their bikes in transition.

Got to get over and recover from this race as quick as possible. Have mapped out my plan up until the big day and its time to hit some serious stuff real hard.

Next post will be a full race report from tomorrow hopefully with mainly good things

Toby

1 comment:

  1. Hi toby,

    Thanks for the rap about my half IM experience! It was a pretty awesome experience, which has made me keen to set new goals and smash em!
    Thanks for your fab coaching it made a huge difference to my outlook and ability to beleive in myself.
    keep up the good work Richard thinks you are doing great on the bike and will be a real strength if you do the Mount Hundred.... have a goode week!

    ReplyDelete