26.1.10

Easy Does It

This week saw the completion of my first recovery week (only 1 more and two tapers to go).

I was pretty pleased with my efforts this week considering I was a bit worried about how I would cope mentally this week with having to cut back the load. The totals for this week 9km swim 300km bike and 40km run (also got stretching sessions in this week).

The actual body feels good (muscles,joints etc) but I feel a bit tired, saw the opportunity with a week of less training to try to fit in more social activities. It was good to catch up with my mates and live a little normal for a while but that's behind me now and it's eyes on the prize for the next 7 weeks.

This coming week I intend to top up on some speed with Geelong in 2 weeks then it's into a well structured week of taper an as much extra sleep as I can fit in. I'll be looking at trying to get around the same time as Shepparton or maybe a little faster. I feel and know that I've improved since then, I also think that if the weather is a little more comfy at Geelong then it was at Shepparton the two courses are probably about the same difficulty. I don't want to build up my hopes for a PB as no two races in triathlon can be the same there are just too many variables. All I know is that if I get a good lead up and the body is feeling good going to give it all and more than what I've got.

Toby

No comments:

Post a Comment