5.1.10

Going Strong

Still going full steam ahead as I get part the way through the first week, had a standard recovery style Monday with 3ks in the pool, which included 1800m of drills and then in the arvo 45mins on the bike.

Tuesday on the other hand I've set out to always make it a solid bike day, It started with 1hr 20 on the ergo with a brand new session that I've haven't done before but I really enjoyed. I know the ergo can be so boring but this session design somehow really made the time fly (or it could of been Steve Jacobs pitch/weather reports from the SCG, the Today show is heaps better than Sunrise). After work I managed a quick fire 4.5km run before having to head out to the Club Graded scratch race, would of been too long between drinks if I didn't get some sort of a run in today.

As usual I wasn't going to leave anything for the sprint in the club race, it's not the reason I'm out there. I'm just looking to keep pushing the threshold and hold it there for as long as I can. I'm really looking like hitting some good distances by the end of the week on the bike, will be interesting what the end total will be.

I like to find my limit in the first three weeks of a prep just so I got a measuring stick for the rest of the build up, hopefully timing my peak as best as possible.

Toby

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you got through the bike ride safely and are on track. Beachport is good Sunday. Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Toby,
    sounds like you are pumped and are dveloping your 'inner mongrel' ..they say it is the fifth discipline of ironman....grrr! Go Team Toby! look forward to hearing all about the journey..Good luck! Pen

    ReplyDelete