3.1.10

Good Results from the 1st Weekend

All up around 200km on bike (pretty sure with an ave around 30-31kmhr will pay more attention next time of the speedo before resetting), 2hrs 20min running, 1800m in the pool and a full day fishing(12mullet 1 salmon trout), there are the numbers from the weekend. I started the weekend off on Friday bringing the whole weekend forward so I could have the Sunday off to treat myself spending the day with Bianca on a Fishing safari.

Friday started by making the most of the public holiday with a bunch ride of 2.5hrs then it back to bed for a nap before heading off for 2hrs15min of easy long run.

Saturday saw a big bunch head to Penola to join up with another bunch then head through to Glencoe via Klangadoo. Most of the guys headed back to Penola for lunch, but a few of us battled head and cross winds to make it back to home. Surprisingly there weren’t many spots on the way home below 30kmh, helps when you got Bruce up the front to sit behind.
Once home I headed out for my standard run after my long ride. But the combination of my long run the day before and the tough ride battling head and cross winds all the way home was too much for my knee. I could feel an injury that I'm slowly recovering from start to flare so I called it quits after about 5 mins. Then once home and again as the day before it was back off to bed for a nanna nap, gotta love training on days off just like being a pro.

I'm making a big effort with this build up to try to get as much extra swimming in as possible as it's pretty easy on the body and will help right across the board. With this in mind after the nap I got an extra bit of just straight no fuss swimming in until my legs started to show signs of cramping. Also got to put my coaches' hat on at the Pool and give Bianca lessons on how to tumble turn. The result was a nasal irrigation and a pretty good summersault for her first attempt (I did tell her to blow out her nose but she did it a bit late, I'm not that mean not to give that piece of advice).

All up as I finish this post I'm feeling as close to 100% as possible ready to smash it for 3 weeks got a week of good weather and I'm pumped. Will try to get some pics of training and anything else that might be interesting just to add to the experience. Thanks for all the comments and for those interested the chest hair did get helped by photoshop, not at my request.

Toby

1 comment:

  1. Whoa. Totally impressed with the effort, I think I'm just amazed by people with huge willpower! Hope you do well, I'll keep checking back 'til the big day! Team Toby!
    K x

    ReplyDelete