15.1.10

Usual Routine

Got into a good routine this week with my training. Once again hitting some good numbers which will serv me well towards the end of the build up as I know things are going to get chaotic about 3 weeks out.

Had the standard routine at the start of the week with pretty much the same result from the club road race. I'm happy as long as I hit or get close to my max HR each week the race has served it's purpose well.

Had an awesome day Wednesday hit 4km in the pool then smashed out the best bike / run (brick) session for a long time. Felt like I was just floating on the run, just had one of those days. Paid for the good day on Thursday though. Was a bit flat but still made it through all my requirements for that day the thought of the massage on on Friday helped me carry on.

Well I can't help but have to write a bit about the massage, as it was as much a challenge as any training I've completed recently. I knew I was a bit overdue for one but the standard 1hr session carried well into 90mins, but I'm sure a lot of good came from it. Hopefully now I can get on top of these little injuries that have been annoying me. Sue can't believe that I can put myself through all that pain of training but can't lay relaxed enough on the massage table. Well I don't usually have someone sticking their elbow into my hip, back, calf and or any other major muscle group with all their force while I'm training. Big thanks to Sue though she's going to have allot more work to do before this blogs complete.

Will once again give all the numbers of the week after Sunday at the moment looking similar to last week but just in a different configuration. Also thanks to Robyn at G&D Cycles for her little gift today or should I say allowing me to be a guinea pig, who would of thought they would produce a ginger bread flavoured energy gel. Could be the taste sensation of 2010, can't see how though will get back to you with a review.

Toby

1 comment:

  1. You give new meaning to the old saying "No pain no gain". Sounds like your week has been full on as usual.

    ReplyDelete